1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports reporter, Crawfordsville, Ind.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sportschick, May 19, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is one of three openings posted Friday (5/18) at this paper. They want you to live in Montgomery County, so I guess they want a limited pool of talent ???

Also gotta love the fact they don't have a junk mail filter on their e-mail ::) ::) ::)

2. jla74m

jla74m Member

I know someone who worked at the JR. He said the newspaper is second-rate and the town is a glorified slum. They have a byline count that forced him to put his name on every thing he wrote -- no matter how good or how bad it was. Don't expect to put anything but local sports in the paper. These people live in a world that doesn't recognize anything that happens outside of Montgomery County.

3. I'm guessing they also need a copy editor.

4. about 11?

5. And from someone who used to live in Montgomery County, you don't want to live in Montgomery County.

6. JHaugJr

JHaugJr New Member

Wow, SportsJournalists.com is bracketing beautiful Lafayette today. As someone who escaped, and whose sister served a sentence in C'ville, don't go there!

Draft saved Draft deleted