1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Producer (P/T), Richmond, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JBondurant804, Apr 21, 2014.

1. JBondurant804

JBondurant804 Member

A position has come open on the prep desk at the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Official posting is linked below. Feel free to message me if you have questions.

The guy leaving has taken a position on the digital side of the newsroom. He'll officially be over there full-time once the spring sports season has concluded in the beginning of June. So the person hired will probably start around that time.

2. DMcFadin

DMcFadin New Member

It's been awhile, but the posting for the position is still live on the Berkshire Hathaway website. Has it been filled?
  3. JBondurant804

JBondurant804 Member

I know some interviews have been done. I don't know if the position has been officially filled. A second opening came about soon after this initial one. The two guys that were there before me are moving on.

Our sports editor left for a job as ASE in Knoxville about a week or so ago. If he didn't hire the two people before he left, I don't know how long it will be before they are filled given we have two guys sharing interim sports editor duties.
  4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Are both positions P/T?
  5. JBondurant804

JBondurant804 Member

Yeah, they're both part-time. 29 hours a week. The newsroom union just got a new deal done with the paper, and they reclassified our positions. So you'd make from $11-13 an hour. Of course health insurance is not available, but you will be able to contribute to a 401(k). So there's that.
  6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

OK. Just curious more than anything, but thanks for the update! :)
Draft saved Draft deleted