1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports personality (Mariotti) arrested on suspicion of felony

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Nothing.

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I wonder what he'll write for his next column.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Suburbia, that's easy.

The title of his next column will be:

"Bitch set me up." [/MarionBarry]

4. Mariotti will be on Around the Horn on Monday.

But first he will blow me.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't bet on either.

I suspect The Mouse will tuck Jay-Boy in a closet unless (and until) he is cleared.

If this is any indication... :eek: :eek:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/mariotti-felony-charge-is-death-sentence-at-espn-28870

6. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Around the Horn is off all week for the Little League World Series.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Lebatard tweets: The level of hostility and glee about mariotti is something I've never seen in sports b4 over an arrest. Ever. Can't think of anything close.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Great moment in history: First thing LeBetard's written in months without the words Lebron, James, or Heat.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Well, I hope Mr. LeBatard doesn't have a problem with this. In the clink for assaulting a woman, you deserve every ounce of hostility.

Wow, ATH is catching a break with the LLWS. Imagine that.

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Mariotti wrote a column about Patrick Kane last year when Kane came under fire for his altercation with a cab driver. I found this part funny:

"Hey, we've all been frustrated by a cab driver a time or two -- the other day, I engaged in an argument with one who didn't know where Wrigley Field was. But did I hit him? Honestly, who hits a cab driver?"

Apparently hitting your girlfriend is OK, though. He also mentions that a public apology would be a good idea. Let's see if Mariotti takes his own advice.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Denied that he got drunk and high with Dakota Fanning. But he definitely didn't appreciate her neck kisses. Then democracy died after he refused to condemn Tech-9's abortions.

I think that covers it. I wasn't pay that close of attention.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

O.J. Simpson?

Draft saved Draft deleted