1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports intern, The Trentonian

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Posted purely for this reason: You apply to a guy named Doody.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/job_listing.cfm?jobid=1088548

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Ah, I'll keep the hounds fenced in for a little while longer, but I tell you, that gate is about to come unlatched.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The hiring editor's name aside (good response, Moddy...made me smile), this sounds like yet another pretty good, and advanced, job that's being called an internship.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Whatever gets them through the night, I suppose. This will still probably get a ton of apps.

6. Ben's a good guy, serious about his job and does it well.

Before this thread gets turned into a Trentonian bash-fest, as someone who's worked there before, I'd like to say to anyone looking for an internship: Apply, and don't hesitate. Ben and Matthew Osborne are great to work for.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ben is a great guy and does a fantastic job.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Heard nice things about Ben. My beef is that the paper would rather do this with disposable labor than by hiring someone full time. The Trentonian isn't the only paper doing this sandbagging. They will work the crap out of you as an intern until hoops season ends and then you're out on your ass. It's not right.

9. It might not be right, but it is a good opportunity for a college student who wants to get involved in this business. I know I wouldn't have a job right now if I hadn't done the internship in Trenton.

If anyone wants to send me a PM, I'll be glad to answer any questions about working at the Trentonian.

Draft saved Draft deleted