1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Guy vs. Sports Gal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 6, 2006.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Currently the NFL picks contest reads as so.

The Sports Guy: 29-29

The Sports Gal: 35-23, inlcuding 10-4 last week.

pushes are not included

Feel free to whale away.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

First thought: No one cares.

On further review: No one cares.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Picking on a guy who needed a second phoneline to talk to his best friend about fantasy baseball is like picking on a retarded kid.....

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I'm a fan, but his schtick is wearing thin. I don't really care about fantasy football or Madden '07 so that means 75% of the references shoot by me.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I think Joe King sums it up pretty well.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Well, be thankful the Red Sox are finished.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Funny that, I remember on here a couple of weeks ago everyone predicting this would happen, and now no interest?

Guess the pilers-on aren't in.....

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The micrometer hasn't been invented which is small enough to measure how much I don't care about that factoid.

9. God, this is an insignificant fact.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Insignificant, but funny. Someone buy The Sports Guy a Doug Christie jersey already.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No need to wail away at a guy who likely spent his prep school career getting shoved into urinals, if for no other reason than he speaks about 20 octaves higher than the average male with gonads.

12. Grohl

Grohl Guest

I consider myself a fairly well-informed person, and I think I'm still on the youngish side of the scale. But I had never heard of this Sports Guy until about three years ago, when some kids who were just out of college mentioned him to me. I checked out one of his columns and decided I hadn't been missing anything. I don't know who Sports Gal is, but if she's associated with Sports Guy, I don't have enough interest to find out.

Draft saved Draft deleted