1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports freelancer available for New Orleans/I-10 corridor work

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Jim Mashek, May 17, 2011.

1. Jim Mashek

Jim Mashek New Member

I will begin my pursuit of freelance work and my passion for Gulf South sports on Saturday, May 21.

I am based in Biloxi, Miss., and live about 80 miles from New Orleans, 60 miles from Mobile and 70 miles from Hattiesburg.

I will also be available for high school and/or junior college sports on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where I've lived for 17 years. I've helped out on the preps from time to time and have plenty of friends and acquaintances on the Coast in that profession.

If you're interested in Saints and/or SEC coverage, I can offer 25 years of experience covering the Saints and the SEC. Mississippi State, Ole Miss and LSU are the primary schools I've covered over the years.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to PM me. References also available. Thanks.

Jim Mashek

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And he's such a darn likeable guy too... Mash is one of the best. Highly endorse this person/product/newsletter.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The world is supposed to come to an end that day ... but if it doesn't, please consider hiring this guy for all your free-lance needs (to borrow from local-commercial-ville-speak).

And if the world does come to an end, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have covering it. He's loaded for bear -- and for Armageddon.

Dangerously seal of approval, for what it's worth.

4. e_bowker

e_bowker Member

Another endorsement here. Good guy, knows his stuff and how to do it, and will absolutely slap the bejeezus out of any jabbering fools in the pressbox who slow him down.
    Now that he's unfortunately got the "will write for food" sign hanging on a shingle, throw some work his way if you can. You won't be sorry.

5. BudMan

BudMan Member

Jim is a pro's pro. He will deliver the goods, guaranteed. Plus, he's a huge Root Boy Slim fan. That's a sign of greatness.

6. Jim Mashek

Jim Mashek New Member

Thanks, BudMan.

I think ....

RIP Root Boy Slim, aka Foster McKenzie III.

Metro D.C. still claims him to this day ... 18 years after his death.

Draft saved Draft deleted