1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Enterprise Writer -- Memphis (Tenn.) Commercial Appeal,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Think the Clarion Ledger will wait to post this opening until mid June / July?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Good question. Rusty is on here often. I'm sure he has a timetable set.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

It's interesting that earlier somebody noted that Kyle will be getting out of Gannett. It's still strange to see this characterized like this to me because for so long, the Clarion-Ledger was such a solid paper and there are still good people there. But after a while, they all become just another Gannett.

4. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

The Clarion-Ledger recently brought in a new publisher with a reputation for making substantial cuts.

5. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I remember in October I sent in an application to Rusty for the MSU beat based in Starkville -- I saw the posting on JobsInSports.com. Man did I feel dumb weeks later when I realized the job posting was made over the summer, but for some reason it showed up again in the database over the fall ... I even had the pub of the Gannett paper I interned with make a call for me. That's why I ended loving this site ... everything is so up to date.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But he'll also be moving to Scripps, so it's a trade off [/yesI'mstillbitteraboutScrippsaftersixyears]

7. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Veazy is a saint among men and a talented writer. Good pickup for the CA.

And no, he didn't slip me a $20 to say that.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

20 bucks... five strokes a side... same thing..

9. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

Congratulations to Kyle, who did some fine newspaper, blog, video and twitter work in his 4.5 years with the C-L but who never did beat his boss in golf, even while sloshing through an 18-hole downpour at Pickwick that left said boss in a fine club-throwing mood by the end of that water-logged round.

A fine pick-up for the C-A.

Draft saved Draft deleted