1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Apr 3, 2009.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Thought the exact same thing, but surely Branson couldn't have a 26K circulation. I know there are always thousands of tourists there, but are there enough to create a 26K circ in a town with a 7K population?

(On a side note: The only thing worth visiting Branson for is the funnel cake at Silver Dollar City, and you can make those at home if you know what you're doing.)

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There is one paper in Arkansas that comes semi-close to fitting the criteria circulation-wise: Jonesboro, which is is a resort only for mosquitoes.

As much as a lot of Arkies would love to divorce themselves from the South, it ain't happening.

Branson at 12K is surprisingly bigger than I thought. Camdenton is tiny.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no, i don't think it's nearly that large, either. and i stayed in branson once ... in a fucking awesome lake house.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Oi!

5. lennysakata

lennysakata New Member

Traverse City, Mich., and Sandusky, Ohio have newspapers with circulation reasonably close to what's listed and are in resort areas. Don't know how they fit the rest of the ad.

6. thesnowman

thesnowman Member

Post of the week Petrie.

7. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Sandusky just replaced Dan a year ago.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Traverse City's SE hasn't been SE was promoted from sports reporter only about 10 years ago.

Plus, I've seen TC advertise under their own name before.

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Glad someone finally caught that :D

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

But, the question is ..... did you get the funnel cake?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, do i ever feel dumb.

12. ickeywoods

ickeywoods New Member

My buddy got a call back and says its definitely Sandusky, which is cool if you don't mind the stink of Cleveland.

Draft saved Draft deleted