1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor/writer, Lake Sun Leader, Camdenton/Lake of the Ozarks, Mo.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, May 8, 2008.

1. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Courtesy: journalismjobs.com
    Warning: Gatehouse

Company: Lake Sun Leader
    Position: Sports editor/writer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: June 12, 2008
    Job ID: 921247

Description:
    Fast-paced, six-day a.m. newspaper has an immediate opportunity to run our sports desk. If you love X-Games and water sports as much as prep competition, this is the job you want.

We're seeking a candidate with demonstrated excellence in sports reporting and creative page design to bring outstanding coverage to our 4,500 print subscribers and 7,000-plus daily online readers.

You'll cover six high schools in the three counties around Lake of the Ozarks, Mo., with ample opportunities to cover non-traditional sports that run the gamut from auto and boat racing to shooting sports and from wake boarding to a cross-continent bicycle race that runs through the area.

The sports editor will use knowledge of AP wire service and style to edit copy, write headlines and cutlines, compile roundups and lay out pages. We're looking for someone who can develop and manage a staff of freelance writers. The sports desk also produces our outstanding outdoors pages two days a week for readers who love living on one of the Midwest's premier fishing destinations and the clear-running rivers and streams that feed it.

Experience with Quark Express and Adobe Photoshop preferred. We need to fill this position quickly, so if you are energetic, driven and work well on your own as well as part of a team, apply today. The job could be ideal for a talented sports reporter eager to take the next step. This is a demanding job that offers the right person a chance to establish a history as a manager of time, people and resources. We offer excellent benefits along with the opportunity for advancement as part of GateHouse Media.

Send cover letter, resume and 3-5 of your best clips and page designs if applicable to David Schiefelbein at editor@lakesunleader.com or Lake Sun, 918 N. Hwy 5, Camdenton, Mo., 65020, Attn: Editor. We recommend a request for receipt of all e- mails.

2. billikens

billikens Member

My family has a lake house in Camdenton. Don't know much about the paper other than what I've seen when I'm down there, but it really is a terrific location from March to October if you like boating, fishing, etc. Kind of bleak in the winter.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Party cove isn't too far away.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Pay your own way to interview. Probably too late to get in the running for this one anyway.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Really good sports, though. Camdenton football is a powerhouse in Class 4 (are they still Class 4 or have they moved up?)

If you hate traffic, don't even think about it. I grew up in the area. If you're curious about the area and what cost of living is, PM me. I won't hold back the punches.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

don't let spup fool you. they have fucking snakes that swim in the water down there.

Draft saved Draft deleted