1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Waverly, Iowa

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Aug 6, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Sports Editor - experienced professional who is ready for a challenge in an Iowa newspaper. Drives sports coverage, works with coaches and athletes to generate game and feature stories, write a weekly sports column, and create special sports-related sections. Creates and updates web content. Understands team work, community involvement and deadlines. Layout and photography skills a must. College degree in journalism or related field required.Ability to create compelling sports packages. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should send resumes to: editor@cedarfallstimes.com.

2. boots

boots New Member

Sports writer, Waverly, Iowa

News/sports writer- entry level position in a daily Iowa newspaper for an enterprising, driven professional who is well-versed in sports and understands deadlines and is willing to embrace community journalism as a mission. College degree in journalism or related field required. Must have basic knowledge of page design. Quark and Photoshop skills a plus. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should send resumes to: editor@cedarfallstimes.com.

3. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Re: Sports writer, Waverly, Iowa

They should just post an ad for a sports STAFF.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You should really delete one or the other.
    Even though I enjoy dueling threads, started by the same person.

5. boots

boots New Member

They are two different ads.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I merged these two together...yes, they're two different jobs. But wanted any relevant info in one place.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Waverly had Iowa's Mr. Basketball last year and is home to Wartburg College.

And I got gas there once.

That's all I got.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't let the facts...

besides, Waverly Iowa is the base for one of my favorite figure skating chicks -- Holly Lynn Johnson's character in Ice Castles...

Draft saved Draft deleted