1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Waverly, Iowa

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Aug 6, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Sports Editor - experienced professional who is ready for a challenge in an Iowa newspaper. Drives sports coverage, works with coaches and athletes to generate game and feature stories, write a weekly sports column, and create special sports-related sections. Creates and updates web content. Understands team work, community involvement and deadlines. Layout and photography skills a must. College degree in journalism or related field required.Ability to create compelling sports packages. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should send resumes to: editor@cedarfallstimes.com.

2. boots

boots New Member

Sports writer, Waverly, Iowa

News/sports writer- entry level position in a daily Iowa newspaper for an enterprising, driven professional who is well-versed in sports and understands deadlines and is willing to embrace community journalism as a mission. College degree in journalism or related field required. Must have basic knowledge of page design. Quark and Photoshop skills a plus. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should send resumes to: editor@cedarfallstimes.com.

3. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Re: Sports writer, Waverly, Iowa

They should just post an ad for a sports STAFF.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You should really delete one or the other.
    Even though I enjoy dueling threads, started by the same person.

5. boots

boots New Member

They are two different ads.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I merged these two together...yes, they're two different jobs. But wanted any relevant info in one place.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Waverly had Iowa's Mr. Basketball last year and is home to Wartburg College.

And I got gas there once.

That's all I got.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't let the facts...

besides, Waverly Iowa is the base for one of my favorite figure skating chicks -- Holly Lynn Johnson's character in Ice Castles...

Draft saved Draft deleted