1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, The Oakland (Mich.) Press

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wickedwritah, Oct 19, 2006.

1. GeorgeScott

GeorgeScott Member

What happened to James Walker?

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He a pool-shootin' son of a gun.

And you don't mess around with him.[/JimCroce]

3. lapdog

lapdog Member

Fled in terror/disgust after a couple of months of watching the designated JRC troglodyte/hatchet man they sent in there to run the place completely dismantle the department. The Oakland Press used to be a borderline major-metro sports section, now they're covering junior high volleyball and shit like that. They'll probably put the World Series on Page 7, while the cross country regionals will be front and center. University of Michigan football is ranked No. 2 in the country, you can read all about it on Page 9. You can get all the girls basketball you want on page one, though.

Between Walker and Keith Langlois, they had about 40 years of experience tell them to go fuck themselves within about two weeks. Of course, Herr Jelly's beancounters are probably elated.

Cautionary Note: If you have any interest in pursuing a career in legitimate journalism, DO NOT apply for this job. If your career objectives include sucking cock for cash, knock yourself out.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

For the way he ran out Wayne Wilson, Walker CAN go suck cock...

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm starting to think the two are getting closer to one and the same.

6. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

WOW. I think I got THAT point.

rb

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm not sure, RB. What's he really trying to say?

8. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Bet OP will fill their SE opening faster than the Ann Arbor News. The News has only had a seven-month headstart. I have confidence in the Press.

Go Tigers!

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I know several guys who worked for Walker and none of them had anything good to say. None.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Don't hold anything back there. Whoa. Tell us what you really think.

11. Chris Iott

Chris Iott New Member

I only know one guy who worked for James Walker, and he loved James. And I've never worked for him, but he's been a cool guy and a pro in all my dealings with him.
    I don't understand why people would anonymously bash someone. If you want to discuss the job and the paper, do it. If you want to say a guy sucks, call him and tell him. Or at least post with your real name.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I know others and they disagree.
    You have a PM concerning one.

Draft saved Draft deleted