1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- The (Dunn, N.C.) Daily Record,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Dec 17, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

The Daily Record is seeking applications for sports editor to run a one-person show assisted by stringers. The newspaper is a five-day-a-week publication which is privately owned. It is located in Dunn, halfway between Raleigh and Fayetteville. Emphasis is on local coverage. Applicant must have experience and knowledge of InDesign and PhotoShop. Sends resumés to lfarmer@mydailyrecord.com or mail to Lisa Farmer, The Daily Record, P.O. Box 1448, Dunn, N.C. 28335.

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=711595

2. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

anyone with questions about this one can pm me

3. anonymous1

anonymous1 New Member

When will they be contacting people for interviews?

4. Craig Sagers Tailor

sorry, its been filled

5. mjlindsay

mjlindsay New Member

So, what's the story? Who's going where?

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Seriously? Why post the ad if you already have a candidate? That's the only explanation when a job is filled in three days.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

One of my former shops. That is an extremely quick hire. It was only posted on NCPA last Friday. The incoming SE is going to have to deal with an 8 or 9 p.m. deadline starting next month, rendering this place a de facto nondaily for sports.

8. Craig Sagers Tailor

Al Myatt is the hire. He has a ton of daily newspaper experience and knows the area well.

9. Keystone

Keystone Member

Wow, that's a blast from the past. Didn't know he was still kicking around.

10. Tarheel316

Al has been around forever. This hire actually makes sense. Al is a Harnett County native, he's an older guy and won't be going anywhere. That will stop the turnover typical at a paper like that. My stint there lasted 16 months.

11. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I believe Al's predecessor got the open gig at the Salisbury Post, or so I was told.

12. Tarheel316

That is correct.

Draft saved Draft deleted