1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Sandpoint, ID

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Editor

Description:

SPORTS EDITOR

This job doesn’t come around every day (or decade). We’re a six-day-a-week newspaper (Tuesday through Sunday) in search of someone to cover Bonner County sports, sports activities, and all aspects of a four-season recreation scene.

Our sports editor is responsible for generating stories, photos and video for both print, online and social media editions of the paper as well as layout of the sports pages. We’re part of the Hagadone News Network and the successful candidate will work closely with our sports staffs at our sister papers. Strong deadline, photography and layout skills necessary.

Why you should be interested: This area is gorgeous, four seasons, great recreation (from Lake Pend Oreille to Schweitzer Mountain), reasonable cost of living, and a great work environment. Live where people vacation! Beautiful Sandpoint, Idaho!

Responsibilities Include:

Covering sports at Sandpoint, Clark Fork and Priest River high schools, including photos, stories and social media

Writes for social media editions as well as stories, photographs and video for multiple products and projects

Has a deep passion and knowledge of sports and recreation activities

Embraces the requirements included/outlined in our content strategy and plan as well as our digital newsroom strategy

Pagination of daily sports page

Collaborates with editors and network sports desks on packaging/storytelling opportunities

Collaborates with peers and other editors on special projects

Familiarity with InDesign, InCopy and associated programs

Qualifications:

Strong communications and listening skills, both written and verbal

Organized, with an attention to detail

Working knowledge of Associated Press style and an understanding of the daily newspaper environment.

To apply or to learn more about this position, please send resume and cover letter to editor, Caroline Lobsinger: clobsinger@bonnercountydailybee.com.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If you're interested in this and want more details, PM me.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ugh. Hagadone.

Although I think the old man sold his gigantic damn yacht, and I haven’t seen the Travel Channel show featuring said fancy-ass yacht for years.

4. I Should Coco

Although the ad in the OP says "this job doesn't come around every day," it's come around again.

They're looking for a new sports editor at the Bonner County Daily Bee in Sandpoint, Idaho. They haven't posted the job yet on J-Jobs, but will any day now. I'm sure the job description/duties are the same as above.

Once again ... if you're interested and want more details, PM me.

5. I Should Coco

They've posted this on J-Jobs ... salary range listed at $30-35K. You can actually live decently on that in Sandpoint, IMHO.

The ad is the same as the OP in this thread (just one year later):

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Editor

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted