1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Round Rock, TX.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jan 29, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The thrice-weekly Round Rock Leader is accepting applications for the position of sports editor. Sink your teeth into a sports-rich coverage area that includes six high schools and a minor-league baseball team -- the Triple-A Round Rock Express. This is a one-man operation with the aid of freelance writers. Job duties include writing, reporting, page design, some photography and recruitment and coordination of photo and sports stringers. To apply, direct application materials to sports@rrleader.com. Please include a cover letter, resume, two writing samples and two page design samples.

2. No matter how you slice this one, I have a sinking feeling about it. Something tells me to stay away.

3. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Sinking feeling at $20,000-25,000? No way.

4. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

20K if you're lucky, which means you'd be wise to either find a second source of income or find a hot UT coed with deep pockets. RR is not a cheap place to live. You'd likely have to find an apt. outside the city or hook up with a rommie (if the coed plan doesn't work).

The area has good football talent (which eventually gets thrashed by Houston or Dallas area teams in the playoffs), and I'm sure credentials to UT athletics are in the offing as well. If you're starting out, this isn't a bad place to begin.

Draft saved Draft deleted