1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor; Pocatello, Idaho

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Stitch, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Yes, we still do a decent amount of that with Twin Falls, Idaho Falls and Logan (Utah)

2. RFB-Boy

RFB-Boy Member

We're all so very cooperative in southern Idaho. Of course, Twin Falls falling out of 5A changed things a little, but I don't think anyone's going to argue that eliminating two-hour drives for conference games was a bad thing.

3. Definitely not, although all three Pocatello schools still play Twin and Canyon Ridge in most sports.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I worked with Tim Flagstad's grandfather at my first newspaper job more than 30 years ago. He was a legendary figure at our shop, an old-school newsman who could not have been nicer or more helpful to an industry newbie, a man who bought me many a beer after work, and who wrote me a most memorable note (which I still have) when I left that paper.

So Tim, best of luck in your new job back in ND. I still have many fond memories of your hometown.

5. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Two questions: How big is the paper? Does anyone have an update on this job?

Draft saved Draft deleted