1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Plainview Herald - Plainview, TX

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TheWritingWaffle, Jan 9, 2012.

1. via http://www.texaspress.com/index.php/services/job-bank

category: Editorial
    position: Sports Editor
    email:
    date: 2012-01-05
    adtext: The Plainview Herald is looking for a sports editor geared toward community coverage. Writing skills and good grammar a must; InDesign pagination and photography skills helpful. Great benefits through the Hearst Corp. Send resume and writing/photography samples to:
    Plainview Herald
    ATTN.: Kevin Lewis
    P.O. Box 1240
    Plainview, TX 79072.

Shows how little I know about Texas sometimes - I thought this was in East Texas, but turns out it's in the Panhandle. So, yeah....I got nothing.

2. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

from what I know this is a decent sized small town between Lubbock and Amarillo. It also has a Chili's and a few other chain spots. Looks like a one man shop plus stringers

3. Fastball34

Fastball34 New Member

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

You must be thinking of Longview, which is closer to Shreveport than Dallas.

As for Plainview, not much there unless you're into cotton or cattle. The best thing is that you're only 45 miles or so from Lubbock, which at least has a little more to offer in terms of entertainment.

The high school is Class 4A (roughly 1,000 students to 2,000 students) and Wayland is NAIA Division I. I believe the college started a football program this past year, but I have no idea what's happening with it. There are a few little bitty towns close by like Kress, Lockney, Abernathy and Hale Center, but I don't know how much coverage the paper gives them.

Draft saved Draft deleted