1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Pine Bluff (Ark.) Commercial

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by nck228, Jun 24, 2011.

1. nck228

nck228 Member

Interesting, given that Robert Turbeville just made a hire for his section about a week ago...

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1264085
    Company: Pine Bluff Commercial
    Position: Open Now
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: July 29, 2011
    Job ID: 1264085

Description:

The Pine Bluff Commercial seeks a detail-oriented sports editor.

The right candidate will be a solid writer and reporter but more importantly will be able to plan and develop content for the daily sports section. Attention to detail and a desire to produce the best section in the state are the attributes we’re looking for. Candidates should have a journalism degree, supervisory experience and a can-do attitude.

Experience with InDesign is a plus.

The Commercial is located in southeast Arkansas. Our coverage area includes 14 high schools and a local university as well as the University of Arkansas.

The Commercial is part of Stephens Media, and we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
    Send resumes to sloftis@pbcommercial.com

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Promote the dude from Tech.

3. TMagelssen

TMagelssen New Member

I like your style.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I heard, but don't know for sure, that Robert may be coming to NWA.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's quite the revolving door they have going in the Bluff. How many have they had since Andy Hodges left in 2000?

6. Slash

Slash Member

Any news on this one? Since Hodges left there have been 8 or 9 changes. Its always been a stepping stone job. Some of the 8 were fired, some moved on to better gigs and some got out of the biz.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Andy Hodges. Now THAT was an interesting cat.

8. TMagelssen

TMagelssen New Member

I'll shed some light on this one. One of the staff writers, I'm the other, was promoted to the SE position. The new SE is I.C. Murrell, who is a Pine Bluff native. I.C. currently is in the process of hiring another writer, so it should potentially be posted in the next day.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I.C. Murrell. Now THAT is an interesting cat. Guess the stint in Stillwater was brief, though probably understandable. Glad to hear he's back home.

Draft saved Draft deleted