1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, McComb, Ms

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Mar 24, 2009.

1. (I still don't know how to do the blue boxes thing...damn, that looks lazy)

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hit "quote" and delete what you don't want to include ...

3. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

[​IMG]

Can't believe no one posted what Parklane Academy is really famous for...it's Britney bitch.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, how'd we miss that?

5. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

I know how I missed it. Long post, no picture, which made the mention of it as always...useless.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god damn. i'm glad that's cleared up.

so, 70 hours?

7. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

So, I grew up there (until age 13). Went to Parklane. Britney was behind me by a couple of years (who cares about her sister?). McComb was and still is a shit hole. We were actually glad to move to Alabama (Muscle Shoals), if anyone can believe that. The only benefit is its close proximity to Nawlins and Baton Rouge. And that gets old after a while. Anyone taking this job will want to work 70 hours a week to forget they actually live there.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

That sounds fucked up. Working to forget where you live? Damn.

9. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

The one question I have about
    Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but if you want the section to be a good one, you're going to have to put in the hours. I know I did.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I suspect you could snag a press pass if you want to go someplace on your day off.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

So Bama, how does it feel to be free of Wyatt Emerich?

12. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

His columns are 36 inches of self-serving, awful pap. God, those things were clunkers. That's the only thing I don't miss about McComb. It wasn't too bad otherwise.

Draft saved Draft deleted