1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Martinsville (Va.) Bulletin.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wickedwritah, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I had no clue until I googled the guy's name. Looks like CBS sportsline creation, where someone writes witty commentary to go with their gamecast.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Well, he'll need a sense of humor.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Godspeed to him if he thinks that's what he wants. He's got a long road in front of him. You have to be a pretty strong person to handle what Martinsville's cooking. If he can do it, more power to him, but it's going to be a tough, tough task.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Meat, he obviously met the main characters. I'm sure they were on their best behavior given all the turnover. How about an over/under on how long he'll last?

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8 months

6. Tarheel316

I'll say six.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Definitely less than a year.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Certainly recent history doesn't predict a bright future. But maybe he can feed the beast. There's halfway decent preps around there, and at least with that and the two Cup races, there's opportunity to bolster the clip file. Autonomy is not a word with any meaning there, though.

9. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Weren't there two writers leaving? Did they fill those positions?

10. bluedevil83

bluedevil83 New Member

As a guy who knows Ian personally, I am a little surprised he decided to take this position. When he first started in Martinsville he gave me the impression he didn't plan on staying long.

11. Tarheel316

Then why would he go there in the first place? That doesn't make any sense.

12. bluedevil83

bluedevil83 New Member

He went there as a writer. Then I guess after their attempts to find an SE fell through they had to look in house. But like I said, he told me he didn't plan on staying there long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.