1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Martinsville (Va.) Bulletin.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wickedwritah, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Or jumping in front of an 18-wheeler on the interstate?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Anyone take this yet? I heard one guy was interested, but the pay (mid to upper 20's) was too low.

3. Something tells me that this thread will need a locksmith in the not-too-distant future. Just a hunch.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm almost half-tempted to apply for this job.

5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I think they're still working without an SE now (it's tough right now b/c my insiders have moved on, so I'm a little out of the loop). From what I understand, they have two writers, and the paginator is still a loaner from news, which, I maintain, is almost an ideal situation from Ginny's POV. This way, she can make the section look exactly how she wants.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Terrible?

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side. Ginny is a lifer in Martinsville. At least she won't ruin any other paper.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No, one was quite enough.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Did this ever come to a resolution?

10. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

As far as I know, they're running with two writers and a borrowed copy editor. They haven't re-posted the job yet, which makes me think they're content to go with this for now.
    All I can say is ... eh, I really don't have the energy to care anymore. Management is running that rag into the ground, and nothing is going to change until they decide to sell to MG.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I know they were turned down by a guy who was running a one-man weekly sports section in Va. I don't know how many more bothered to interview.

12. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Like that's going to be an improvement? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.