1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Logansport, Ind.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sportschick, May 21, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

From journalism jobs.

2. MadDog2020Terp

MadDog2020Terp New Member

Any questions about this one, just ask, since this opened up with my resigning on Saturday.

3. jla74m

jla74m Member

Did you resign to take another job?

4. MadDog2020Terp

No. It was a personal decision to move back to Maryland. My fiancee works at Johns Hopkins and wasn't about to leave. I missed home anyway.

5. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I believe Logansport High School is Home of the Berries, but I could be wrong.

6. MadDog2020Terp

You are correct.

7. But isn't their mascot Felix the Cat? What's up with that?

8. Who owns this paper? Is this a well-managed operation? Based on the job description, it reads like it's a two-man band in sports. I could see things becoming a little bit hairy at times.

9. It's CNHI. So stay away.

10. MadDog2020Terp

There is a long story behind that, you can probably find it online somewhere.

11. MadDog2020Terp

It is CNHI, but there a lot of good things about the Pharos-Tribune. The section did win best sports section from the Hoosier Press Association last year and the Web site won an SPJ award for second-best site in the state, behind only WISH-TV, the Indianapolis CBS affiliate.

The paper has a strong reputation in the area and it blows the competing small-circ dailies in the area out of the water. Other than Anderson, Kokomo and probably Terre Haute, it's probably the best CNHI daily in Indiana.

12. jla74m

jla74m Member

What time is the deadline?

Is the sports staff expected to take pictures?

Is the sports staff micro-managed by higher-ups?

Draft saved Draft deleted