1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor: Kane, Pa.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Hoop Time, Jul 6, 2006.

1. sportsbuff72

sportsbuff72 New Member

Re: Work for peanuts in Pa.

What's sad is that someone out there is breaking their neck to get their resume in to beat the "rush."

2. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

I'm guessing they don't have any writers, other than freelancers getting $2.00 an article. You're it.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I don't know. You deliver pizzas in your spare 17 hours a week, and you can double your money.

4. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

At my first job I was making 12,400 per week, of course that was in 1989. That was a better offer than the 11,700 offer, and both were sub 10,000 dailies.
    Ended up working 70 hours per week, the ME's main function was to erase time cards to keep anyone from getting OT, and the publisher called you in his office every month to argue mileage, which was 15 cents per mile.
    Maybe those guys are running this joint, too.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I started out making $17,000 a year, for a 50,000 circulation paper...of course, that was in 1993. That's equal to about $22,000 a year now.

6. JME

JME Member

Doubtful

Draft saved Draft deleted