1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor in Rochelle, Ill.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by philly fanatic, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Position:
    Do you have a passion for community sports?
    Job Status: Not Specified
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    July 11, 2007
    Job ID: 564486

Description:
    A passion for community sports?

We need a sports editor for our two community newspapers in northern Illinois. The individual must be able to work well with coaches and young players, and be well- organized. Like many small, community newspapers the sports editor has numerous responsibilities, including working with stringers, writing well and quickly, meeting deadlines, paginating sports pages (using Indesign) and shooting photos.

Our company offers a pleasant work environment, competitive salary and benefits.

E-mail or snail mail your resume today. Clips and reference will also be required. Rochelle News-Leader John Shank P.O. Box 46 Rochelle, Illinois 61068

Fax: 815-562-2161.

2. ltrain1127

ltrain1127 Member

I have info on this, if anybody wants any.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The only thing I know about Rochelle is they have a train park to watch the numerous trains go by.

4. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I once dated a girl named Rochelle. She was pretty hot.

5. ltrain1127

ltrain1127 Member

Nobody's interested in this one?

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

The "young players," makes me thinks they're talking about Little League. God, I so want to cover Little League, hold me back!

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

A one-high school town where you can cover ... wait for it ... the Fighting Hubs!

8. zoucrew

zoucrew Member

Rochelle, Rochelle...

I hear whoever takes this job will be asked to detail a young woman's erotic journey, from Milan to Minsk.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sports editor shooting photos?

OUT!

Draft saved Draft deleted