1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor- Frankfort, IN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jj.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1204096

Hilariously, their high school nickname is the Hot Dogs.

Company: The Frankfort Times
    Position:
    Sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    October 16, 2013
    Job ID: 1204096

Description:

The Times, a Paxton Media Group newspaper in Frankfort, Ind., is seeking an experienced, motivated sports editor. This position includes providing direction for the daily sports report across digital and print platforms for the Times, a six-day per week community newspaper covering four high schools.

The position also involves covering recreational sports and the active lifestyles of Clinton County adults and children without ties to local schools — including but not limited to little league, soccer, bowling leagues as well athletics involving community events.

Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in journalism, familiarity with digital reporting, the ability to write quickly and take quality photos. It also requires strong organizational skills and good interpersonal skills. The sports editor must work well with members of the public and readers.

Send resume and work samples to: Regional Editor David Penticuff at the Chronicle-Tribune 610 S. Adams St. Marion, IN 46953 or electronically at dpenticuff@chronicle-tribune.com.

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

If you're the sports editor, why are you being told which sports to cover?

3. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Good question, since you'd be in charge of the section, you should be able to choose the coverage. I'm assuming what they're saying is what has been covered in the past to give applicants an idea of what they have in the area?

4. AwesomeDawson8

AwesomeDawson8 New Member

I'm the person who's leaving this position. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I worked the next paper over from here. Seemed like good people at that paper.
    And yes, the Hot Dogs are in the same conference as the Mounties (Southmont).
    Great place to watch a HS basketball game...tons of mini-arenas in the area. Lots to cover, and I mean lots in the terms they are mentioning...boring-ass local crap that only grandparents and parents care about. But it's a job, a good starter for someone just out of school with some experience.

6. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Jimmy Gillispie has been hired for this position.

Draft saved Draft deleted