1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Evansville (Ind.) Courier & Press

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tim Ethridge, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Taking U.S. 41 to the Haute and over on I-70 has got to be the quickest way to go to Indy from Evansville.

It's not the trips to Indy that would kill you, I would think it would be the drive to Bloomington. There's no way around the myriad, hilly two-lane roads involved in that drive.

When I-69 is completed in 2069, it'll all be solved.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

That was the other way I was going to suggest. :)

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Eville to Indy is a rough road. I always liked stopping in Terre Haute though.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's much quicker from E'ville to Nashville than to Indy.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Hmmm. I've done both and I think it might be a push.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Then you must be spending a lot of time at rest stops. Nashville-E'ville is quicker by about an hour.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's been a long time since I made the run and as I recall, I wasn't driving the Eville-Nashville run but I definitely drove the Eville to Indy trek.

8. Haneluca

Haneluca New Member

Evansville is big enough to have a Best Buy and a Chik-fil-A, which made it a paradise when I was living about an hour south. Also, it has the historic Bosse Field that houses the Evansville Otters (third oldest ballpark currently in use I believe?).

And to add my two cents to the Evansville-Indy argument - It doesn't matter which route you take. The drive sucks either way.

9. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Already got my rejection e-mail ...

rb

10. Tim Ethridge

Tim Ethridge New Member

Randy Beard, a former sports editor in Tallahassee and Anderson, S.C., has been promoted from columnist to sports editor in Evansville. Randy's experience and knowledge of our area will serve us well. We'll be posting a sports reporter position soon.

11. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

"You have seen people walk out of college and into an SE job at a paper this size?"

Yes -- in 1964.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Thanks, Tim. Well, at least they promoted internally and gave Randy a shot at it. (And no, I don't know Randy.) Congratulations!

Draft saved Draft deleted