1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Evansville (Ind.) Courier & Press

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tim Ethridge, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Tim Ethridge

Tim Ethridge New Member

Posted at scripps.com:

The Evansville Courier & Press, a 52,000-daily and 73,000-Sunday circulation newspaper, and courierpress.com, the leading news site in southwestern Indiana, is seeking a sports editor to lead a staff of four reporters and two part-time clerks with a separate but onsite universal desk. The E.W. Scripps daily covers two universities full-time (Division I Evansville and Division II Southern Indiana), eight local high schools plus another 30 in the area, a Central Hockey League team, a Frontier League baseball team, a Continental Indoor Football Team and a summer horse-racing meet as well as a variety of community and recreational sports. Our readers also are passionate about Indiana University athletics, the Indianapolis Colts, the Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400, the Kentucky Derby and the St. Louis Cardinals. The ideal candidate will plan, direct and write; help improve our online and social media presence; and work as part of a newsroom leadership team that is dedicated to community journalism. The Courier & Press is the most recent recipient of Hoosier State Press Association Blue Ribbon Award, signifying Indiana's best daily newspaper of any circulation size.

2. doodah2

doodah2 Guest

Is this an entry-level gig?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Seriously? Stop asking that shit about every job. Use your head and figure it out. Don't test my patience early in your return.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Good grief. Can't believe doodah is back. Moody, I think he's just trying to bait you.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Moddy, I could always say "YOU'RE HIRED!" or "This is a big boi job" but I tend to agree. This question's getting asked every time there's a job posting. :)

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Isn't Williston still hiring? I know Dickinson is hiring for the news side.

7. doodah2

doodah2 Guest

Well, if it's not marked whether or not it's an entry level job, how the hell else will I find out?

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Elevator obviously doesn't go to the top floor.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Knock it off, please. Now.

10. Moderator1

You really don't want to stay, do you?

11. Moderator1

Do you really think an SE job at paper like this is entry level? C'mon.

12. doodah2

doodah2 Guest

I've honestly heard of people coming out of school and starting out as SEs at various papers, so I didn't think it was a horrible post to make. Honest.

Draft saved Draft deleted