1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor Eureka

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Jumpin Jack Flash

Jumpin Jack Flash New Member

Anyone know anything about this job? I've been to Eureka once or twice, but am not familiar with the paper or who owns them.

Description:
    Cover collegiate competition and community sports in the redwoods. The Times-Standard, a 20,000 circulation newspaper nestled in the heart of California’s rural and scenic North Coast, is looking for an experienced sports editor who can lead a four-person sports staff to the next level of excellence. Our award-winning sports department specializes in local sports, including university and community college, high school and youth competition. We’re looking for a leader who can do it all: write sparkling copy, lay out eye-catching pages, inspire staffers and work as a team player in a fast-paced and competitive environment. If you’ve got what it takes to make community sports coverage shine, Contact Editor Charles Winkler editor@times-standard.com Times-Standard Attn: Charles Winkler 930 Sixth Street Eureka, CA 95502

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

i love the show on the sci-fi channel. that's all i got for ya.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Eureka? I think I've got it.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

Singleton owns the paper and is doing what Singleton usually does to its community papers. The Times-Standard also has a recent start-up competitor from a deep-pockets conservative owner. Redwood Coast is magnificent, and while Eureka itself is hit or miss, outdoors-minded folks who want to put in a year or two could take a shot.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Eureka! I found gold! ... Fool's Gold that is.

6. Jumpin Jack Flash

Jumpin Jack Flash New Member

Oy! Singleton. Oh well, it seemed like a good way to move from the desk to the editor's chair. Guess I'll keep waiting...

Draft saved Draft deleted