1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Dodge City (Kan.) Daily Globe

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, May 6, 2008.

1. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Courtesy: journalismjobs.com

Company: The Dodge City (Kan.) Daily Globe
    Position: Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: June 10, 2008
    Job ID: 920371

Description:
    The Dodge City (Kan.) Daily Globe is accepting applications for a sports editor. The right candidate for this position will have experience writing, editing and laying out pages in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We cover a variety of topics from rodeo to auto racing, in addition to all high school sports for several districts. Prefer candidates from Kansas and surrounding states but will consider all applications. If this sounds like a career that fits your talents and skills, please send a resume, cover letter and up to five clips to Debbie Eddy, Dodge City Daily Globe, 705 Second Ave., Dodge City, KS 67801.

2. "I'm your Huckleberry."

"YOU'RE HIRED!"

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

4. Who got the hell out of Dodge?

5. Slash

Slash Member

A guy I knew worked in the sports department and had to work seven days a week. Had to do news pages as well. His hometown wasnt far but he couldnt even go home for Thanksgiving. Sounded less than ideal.

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

That's because, by all accounts, this job IS less than ideal...and then some.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I can't find the old threads on this job (it's been posted at least once, maybe twice in the past year) but there have been many bad things said about it. And with the high turnover, I'm more or less believing they were being honest.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Was this the one where the guy leaving and the ME got into a big knock-down, drag-out pissing match on the thread? Because if it was, and I'm pretty sure it was, it probably got nuked. That one got NASTY.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42711/

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Oh, yeah. That's the one, all right.

11. Damaramu

Damaramu Member

I don't care about blowing my cover.......I'm the one departing this job. If you want info PM me.

12. I've heard so many bad things about this place from so, so many people that you'd probably be better off taking a job out in Darfur or in Anbar province.

Maybe even China. I heard the working environment for the press there is fabbbbbbbbbbbulous.

Draft saved Draft deleted