1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Denton (Texas) Record Chronicle

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Snarky Arky, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Snarky Arky

Snarky Arky Member

Hey y'all, I heard this job just came open. The sports editor was fired a week or so ago. Has anyone heard anything? I don't get a chance to look on here much so I was wondering. I did hear this was a small paper.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

If hired, could I write about the glory days of the Von Erichs?

3. WS

WS Member

I thought that was the head football coach who got fired?

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

that's pretty much one of the lowest posts i've seen on here, meat. you're an ass making a joke like that.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You haven't been around long then.

But hell, I knew I was venturing into murky waters, so screw it, it's deleted.

(for everyone else wondering what it was: screw it, nobody would get the replacement joke I intended in this spot)

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

yeah, she told me about that. said she was really surprised someone named mystery meat had such a teensy one.

and you're still an asshole for joking about about the death of journalist who busted his ass and was damn good human being.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I killed the post because I regretted it. If you want to keep busting my chops about it, what the fuck ever. I made a mistake. If you want to harrass me about it, do what you gotta do.

8. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

So, is there an opening or not?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Russ is gone? I hope it's just that he left for a better job. That happens a lot in some places (this one in particular, I understand.) You turn in your two week's notice and they will let you go on the spot.

From what I hear, Ronnie Richard is the INTERIM sports editor, which translates into they're taking resumes. That happened the last time when the former sports editor passed away (the assistant editor didn't want the job and left for Florida not long after; I don't know Richard's intentions).

Good luck, Russ. Illegitimis non carborundum.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Denton is the new Austin. Sort of.

If the traffic's too much, you can always live in Rhome.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they're tearing down Fry Street!

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Hopefully, Denton won't be the new Grapevine.

Draft saved Draft deleted