1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor charged with human trafficking

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by azom, Jun 13, 2013.

1. btm

btm Member

I know in this profession, most are looking for some extra money but damn...

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

All right, that's pretty damn good. I didn't even notice the typo until the pic.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

NO OUTING!!!!

5. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

From what I've read, this involved a minor. I also think that the trafficking had more to do with state lines because one of the stories I read had something to do with Clay County, which is in Minnesota.

6. peacer84

peacer84 Member

Not really Dickinsonian at all. Don't know anyone from Dickinson with that name. This guy just moved to ND from Colorado last month.

Also, the Dickinson Press' website actually does very well for a paper that size. They're often commended by corporate for that. Other papers (like the one I work for) could do a lot better. Comments weren't turned on yesterday, when I checked, but I am surprised there hasn't been much talk on it. Of course, he's not from Dickinson and he just got here, so nobody really even knows him in Dickinson.

Not sure the human trafficking thing will stick with this guy as long as he gets a lawyer, but certainly crazy news coming out of Dickinson. And yes, they'll be looking for a new sports editor.

7. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

even if he beats the rap?

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

We can only imagine what they're saying back in Cortez, Colo. ...

Talk about dodging a bullet. Literally!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted