1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Centralia, Wash.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

From Journalismjobs.com

Sports Editor — The Chronicle in Centralia, Wash., is looking for an enthusiastic, aggressive sports editor. The Chronicle values loyalty, ability and a strong work ethic.

We are searching for someone with a passion for prep sports. Because our coverage area includes Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helens and the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, we value experience covering the great outdoors, from rock climbing to steelhead fishing.

In this new media age, we will be hiring the new journalist for this top management position — someone who has high-end design skills (we use InDesign), is capable of producing multimedia using Final Cut Pro and Soundslides, and is proficient with all aspects of digital photography. Writing, however, remains the most cherished talent.

The Chronicle is a 15,000-circulation daily newspaper located halfway between Portland and Seattle. The paper is a financially healthy, family-owned operation with a commitment to journalism. Please send a cover letter, resume, work samples and references to Executive Editor Michael Wagar at mwagar@chronline.com.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

FYI, about once a year (the November to January window), the Centralia-Chehalis area gets some crazy flooding, down to I-5 being closed, at least the past two times.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Anyone know what happened to the old SE?

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

I enjoy rock climbing, but is it a sport that's covered? Are there boulder races there?

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not a bad area, at all. Not far from Ranier. Not far from St. Helens. Not far from Portland. Not far from Olympia.

I'd take it.

Driving around the Olympic Peninsula is one of the memories I'll never forget.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It should be noted, though, the area is much different as far as people and politics than the rest of the Northwest. A lot of rednecks in that section of the state.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd rather live around the rednecks than the pretentious fucks in any of the other cities around there.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

[​IMG]

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Northwest rednecks aren't the same as Dixie rednecks, though.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ok I'll bite. What's the difference?

12. Johnny_Killroy

Johnny_Killroy New Member

Is that really that bad? The guy was probably just awkwardly saying congrats ... no one is suggesting he urged the kid to sign at Nowhere State before he made his, correct?

Draft saved Draft deleted