1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor -- Casper (Wyo.) Star-Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Tommy Deas

Tommy Deas Member

I have judged this section in APSE and can tell you it is first class. Big shoes to fill but the entire staff seems to be top-notch.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Great nickname, too.

The Ghosts.

3. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Good job Zack!

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

They were still the Rockies when I was there, and that was disappointing to me, because I always wanted to write that the boos weren't coming from the stands but the dugout.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

BUMPED: Is this job still unfilled? It was reposted on JJ in the last hour.

6. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

My sources tell me that they "retooled" the job description and therefore reposted it.

7. Ibot1947

Ibot1947 New Member

Somewhat of an update: On top of a sports editor and high school sports coordinator, the executive editor quit to take the same job in Billings. Lots of turnover in Casper the last two months.

8. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

So did they ever hire the sports ed and hs coordinator, or did the departure of the exed delay the other hirings? I can't believe they'd go this long without a sports ed.

9. Ibot1947

Ibot1947 New Member

They still don't have a sports editor or high school coordinator. The exec leaving happened Monday, so it didn't delay the process. I can only imagine the strain this is putting on the lone sports staffer in Casper and some of the others who worked in sports in the past.

10. azom

azom Member

Per tweet from Casper AME:

Good, good get by the @CSTribune. Lew Freedman will be our next sports editor.

11. Interesting move, but you have to wonder how long Freedman will stick around?

Draft saved Draft deleted