1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Casper Star-Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by azom, Dec 13, 2007.

1. dkbxt5

dkbxt5 New Member

MU_, you are correct, though I'm biased because I work at the Star-Tribune. Part of the reason I wanted this job was because of the paper's great rep. Here is some info from previous job ads:

One thing I will say about the paper is we act two or three times our circulation, at least I think so. We have multiple runs and are constantly updating stories and replating for the different runs.

We have a great staff, everyone is fun to be around and Wyoming is a beautiful place to live. I'm from the Midwest and love having mountains around instead of cornfields.

I've only been here about two months, but feel free to pm me with questions.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

two wrongs don't make a right, dog.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Homer.

4. dkbxt5

dkbxt5 New Member

MU_ congrats on the 5,000th post. Was calling me a homer that post, or was it a different one? I have no problem being called a homer if it's to support my paper and co-workers. Otherwise, not cool. I haven't been in Wyo. long enough to come close to being a homer because I'm still figuring out schools and getting lost in town.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

newbie homer.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Ha!

DK, it's all good. Just having fun w/ you. And no, that wasn't my 5,000th post. I used that for something much more productive.

Did we get a timeline for when Casper will make a hire?

7. dkbxt5

dkbxt5 New Member

I'm not sure what the timeline is. The ad says the application deadline is Jan. 6. I don't know the timing for anything after that. Hopefully ASAP so we aren't down a person with the conference season for college basketball about to start and more home preps games now that holiday tournaments are over.

8. dkbxt5

dkbxt5 New Member

bump

Application deadline is later this week.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

CNHI papers actually brag about being CNHI papers? You've got to be kidding. That would be like Paxton papers bragging about being Paxton papers.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but jim and john had game at one point in time.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they did have pretty decent jumpers ...

Draft saved Draft deleted