1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Cape Girardeau, MO.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KWinMo, Aug 10, 2012.

1. KWinMo

KWinMo New Member

Here's the ad from journalismjobs.com. This is the job I'm leaving, so I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can.

The Southeast Missourian is looking for a hard-working, innovative sports journalist to lead its award-winning sports department. The Southeast Missourian won the APSE Triple Crown this year and has won nine section awards in the last four years, consistently ranking near the top of the profession for publications its size. The candidate should possess leadership skills, be able to plan and execute both day-to-day coverage and special projects and be able to see potential and growth beyond just the next day's newspaper. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a vision for online sports journalism, good copy editing skills and the ability to write engaging copy and hit deadlines. Working knowledge of InDesign is a huge plus. We're looking for someone with at least three years' experience working in a morning daily environment. The Southeast Missourian is located in Cape Girardeau, Mo., the largest city between St. Louis and Memphis. Our market consists of a Division I university that competes in the Ohio Valley Conference as well as many high schools in a four-county area. Send a cover letter, resume and three writing examples to editor Bob Miller at bmiller@semissourian.com. Please be sure to write "sports editor" in the subject line of the email.

Draft saved Draft deleted