1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Bozeman Daily Chronicle [Bozeman, Montana]

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KevinmH9, May 27, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you humble sonuvabitch. ;)

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How big is staff? Does editor write or layout?

3. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

When I was there it was a five-man staff plus a part-timer or two. The editor wrote, but there are some talented writers there if someone wanted to just paginate. It was a good paper to work for, and although it's undergone a lot of change, there are still a lot of friendly and familiar faces.

4. Love_Sports

Love_Sports Member

one last bump. anyone? anything?

5. WhiskeyRiver

WhiskeyRiver New Member

After interviewing with the paper (a place I once worked at), I was told this week by the ME that they weren't going to fill the position.

I took that to mean they were going to promote someone from within and go a body down in sports.

When I was there two years ago, this was a growing paper, seemingly immune to the problems of everywhere else. It saddens me that they, too, are feeling the crunch.

6. Love_Sports

Love_Sports Member

i was so curious about this job because i had a friend who interviewed. he heard the same thing this week.

he guessed, too, that they were forced to promote from within and left a spot open. i know he was saddened by it, not because he didn't get the job, but because one of the growing, good and seemingly stable papers made that decision.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fucking industry ... glug, glug

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's in a breakdown, which means good people are being pushed into the great wide open. But even the losers get lucky sometimes; those folks are learning to fly and will be runnin' down a dream soon enough. :)

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

This sucks, but a silver lining (maybe) is if things turn around some in Bozeman the position might be filled in the future.

What a nice area with so much to do.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and maybe catholics will stop being oppressive.

Draft saved Draft deleted