1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Bloomsburg, PA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Diego Marquez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

True, but I am thinking Jim isn't the only one at that shop that knows who he is considering. Surely he has consulted others on the staff as to who they like and dislike. I just thought it was a pretty messed up way to handle the situation.

2. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Absolutely. You are correct, sir.
    There is no good way to handle something like this. Especially this way (on the board). Probably one that, if you are on the outside looking in (posting about a candidate), you may want to leave well enough alone. From what's been said about this place, and having met the former (Matt) in the past, they will do their due diligence before bringing someone on.
    Now, as for general/generic griping about the world... bring it on.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm going to second the opinion that Bloomsburg is a pretty nice place to be. A well-above average small college town. And the newspaper does try to do things right.

4. Editor

Editor New Member

guyty should spend more time complaining on his blog about his self-torpedoed career than worrying about what other papers are doing.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hmmm, now I wonder if above poster is the one guyty is talking about. Nothing like a good pissing match on SportsJournalists.com.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nice handle there, Editor. Way to stay above the fray.

7. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

Damn, now I am intrigued. I know the guy the blog reference is about, but I would be surprised if that person is guyty, or if Jim would even look at the person these references imply.

I know Jim a little, and he is a pretty smart guy. I'd be surprised if the blogger's former boss is being considered.

As for said blogger, he is a good guy who works his arse off and deserves a decent gig. Under the circumstances he was in, the frustration was justifiable and understandable. No, he should not have written about his boss in his blog, but who among us has not made a mistake or two when we were young? The guy was right about his boss, just wrong to post it on the Web on a blog.

Anyhow, this remains a good gig and if it is still open, anyone interested ought not hesitate to go after it.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Said blogger has landed on his feet in the radio business, and he's definitely not guyty.

9. qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop New Member

I second Wicked. I talked with my friend a few weeks back, who worked with said blogger at his old job, and he said this person now had his own talk show and was broadcasting high school sports. Looks like the blog incident didn't keep him down too long. Does Editor have some bad feelings to harbor or something?

10. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

Said blogger has not abandoned the written word entirely, either. He is still picking up some freelance gigs and has graciously volunteered his help on some game stuff for my Website, which doesn't pay a whole lot less than his old print job.

11. Anyone land this job yet?

12. pa writer

pa writer Member

Not that I know of.

Draft saved Draft deleted