1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Berryville, AR

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Jan 14, 2011.

  1. Drip

    Drip Active Member

    We’re looking for a hybrid, someone who loves sports writing and photography and also likes news reporting. The sports editor must love high school sports and be able to cover three small school districts and a variety of sports, writing stories, taking photos and designing pages twice a week. That’s about 80 percent of the job. The other 20 percent is managing a few beats in a small town, including city council, police, and the school district. We’re in beautiful Carroll County where people take their sports seriously, and we want to give them the coverage they deserve. We’re in an outdoorsman’s paradise, with lakes, rivers and hiking all around us, just 12 miles from the unique tourist town/arts colony of Eureka Springs. We’re looking for a team player who’s not afraid of work, takes pride in what he or she produces, and is willing to jump in and contribute whenever and wherever necessary. If that sounds like you, send a resume and clips to Linda Caldwell at Carroll County News, P.O. Box 232, Berryville, AR 72616, or email l.caldwell@cox-internet.com.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page