1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Bellevue (OH)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KevinmH9, Jun 4, 2008.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Company: The Bellevue Gazette
    Position:
    Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires:
    July 9, 2008
    Job ID: 932869

Description:
    The Bellevue (Ohio) Gazette - a Monday through Saturday newspaper - is searching for an energetic person to lead our sports coverage. The candidate must possess the ability to write about local high school sports and have good photography skills. The position offers competitive wages and benefits. Send resume and salary requirements to Brian Liskai, Editor, The Bellevue Gazette, P.O. Box 309, Bellevue, Ohio 44811.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

What happened to Ed Fox?

3. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

Not sure what happened with Ed here. He kind of comes and goes from jobs. I do know the paper was acquired by Brown over the past couple of years and a cat named Greg Barth was listed as the SE for the past year or so.
    That said, it has to be the smallest daily in the entire state. Last I saw the circulation was under 3,000.

4. Bob Slydell

Yeah, I was surprised a town that small had a daily. But, to do a threadjack, that was where the picnic table lover lived. So there is at least some interesting news going on there.

5. td truckers

td truckers Member

I was under the impression Fox had been retired for a couple years now? Maybe not, but I didn't think he worked there at all anymore...

6. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

I also was unaware that Ed no longer worked there. Apparently I have not been paying attention for a while. I do get the Bellevue Gazette where I work, although truthfully, I don't look at it much. But I do know the paper is as small as one would expect for such a low circulation. The recent ones are anywhere from 8-12 pages total with sports getting a couple of those. They supposedly cover five high schools and have a small race car track not far from there.

7. XBellevueplayar

XBellevueplayar New Member

Ed had some kind of health issues the last i knew. I have not spoken to anyone about him since last football season but they had someone come in and fill in for him..

I'm curious to what kind of wages the Gazette offers their Sports Editor? :)

8. Bob Slydell

Depends on how much you kiss Ed Nasonti's ass!

Draft saved Draft deleted