1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Beaverton Valley Times (Ore.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Captain Obvious, Apr 12, 2013.

1. This is now posted on JJobs, but someone tipped me beforehand.

Are you looking for a chance to cover the best high school teams in the best league in the state? The Beaverton Valley Times is looking for a full-time sports editor to join our team.

Successful candidates must be prepared to cover varsity teams at Aloha, Beaverton, Jesuit, Southridge, Sunset, Valley Catholic and Westview high schools. Our sports editor is responsible for attending a variety of games, meets, matches and tournaments – taking photos of the action, interviewing athletes and coaches, and filling our award-winning sports section with compelling articles.

We are looking for an experienced journalist with a passion for covering sports and several years of prior newspaper experience in writing and editing. Page design and strong photography skills are also a must. For consideration, send a resume, cover letter and clips to Christina Lent at clent@commnewspapers.com by 5 pm on Friday, April 19. No phone calls, please.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1484635

2. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Be wary of rabid, killer beavers.

3. boxingnut4324

boxingnut4324 Member

And those Timbers fans. They're nuts :)

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i've seen this paper. the news section looks pretty good ... it's owned and laid out by the tribune folks, i believe. teams in that area win a lot. probably could do a lot with that other than just plain gamers. since you'd be living in portland, i'm guessing they'd have to pay decent as well.

that's all i have.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Are free shoes a perk?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

only if you make 800 first.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Spot has been filled.

8. silvercharm

silvercharm Member