1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Athens, Ga.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Larry Graham

Larry Graham Member

Congrats, David!

2. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Congrats, David. Glad to hear it.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Cha-Ching!

Congrats.

4. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated.

By the way, I've gotten a ton of e-mails/calls/texts/Facebook messages about this job from interested folks, so if you're trying to decide whether to apply, I'd suggest making up your mind pretty quickly.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Posting your "job" ad on a thread about a real journalism job elsewhere? Nice first impression.

6. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

Not sure I'm following you. Perhaps you misunderstood. I meant a lot of people have contacted me with questions about the Banner-Herald job, so I wanted to encourage anyone interested in the job to apply soon since it looks like it will draw some quality applicants.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Some dude piggybacked on your job ad in this thread by posting about his job opening for some shaky start-up website deal. He already spammed it a couple other places on the boards. I guess it got whacked. That's who JD was addressing that to, back when it was still up.

8. David continues to be a trailblazer for Asian-Americans in sports journalism. Congratulations on your new job!

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Auburn still sucks.

10. Johnny Dangerously

What Mystery Meat said. I was pissed because someone was piggybacking on your thread, djc.

Apparently a moderator deleted the post and left mine, hanging me out to dry.

:)

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Job's been filled, peeps. No word on by whom.

rb

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, actually. Yeah. There is.

Draft saved Draft deleted