1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports designer, Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Smokey33, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

http://www.snd.org/jobs/jobs.lasso?ID=39220

The Miami Herald has an immediate opening for a Sports page designer to join its Presentation Desk. The Miami Herald's Presentation Desk designs all of the pages in the newspaper, but our immediate need is an for experienced, energetic designer to focus on our award-winning Sports sections. We are looking for creativity and enthusiasm; confidence and great communication skills are also a must. Qualifications: At least five years of experience designing for a daily newspaper or magazine, must have strong technical skills including good knowledge of design software such as Photoshop, Quark or InDesign. If you are interested, send a resume, cover letter and PDF clips to ealvarez@MiamiHerald.com. You can also snail-mail your portfolio clips to Eddie Alvarez, Presentation Editor, The Miami Herald, One Herald Plaza, Miami, Fla. 33132-1693.

2. Bump.

Wow, no one took a bite on this one.

Why is that? I"m new here but thought this would be a primo gig.

3. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

They will go cheap, as in low to mid 30's which you can't live on in South Florida, and young. Plus check back in about three months since this one seems to pop up frequently,.

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

There seems to be lots of openings down there.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I find this extremely hard to believe. They paid me significantly more than that almost 20 years ago.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I know that copyeditors make significantly more than that.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Low to mid-30s was a South Florida salary when Reagan was president.

Double it, and you're in the ballpark.

8. Word is that they're looking to pay $35K.............for a design job at ......The Great.........Miami.........Herald.

former newspaper of the SuperStars, i guess...........wasn't like that back when i was there............back then, talent came first, and it was rewarded well.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I find this extremely hard to believe.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Who got the Herald Dolphins job?

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I heard the person who got it was a cut above the rest. ... But that he or she may also have stabbed someone in the back to get it.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Strange. I heard you had to have juice to get that job.

Draft saved Draft deleted