1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports designer/copy editor ... Sauk Valley Newspapers ... Sterling, Ill.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by pskrbina, Jun 14, 2006.

1. pskrbina

pskrbina New Member

Here is our ad from journalism jobs. It will be on APSE ASAP.
    This is a position that I was allowed to create to complement our staff of four full-timers and a couple part-timers. We cover about 20 high schools and we are serious about being good.
    I've been here for almost six months after spending around nine years at The Times of Northwest Indiana.
    I'm a  longtime lurker on these boards - back to the sportspages days. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an e-mail or a PM.

Paul Skrbina
    Sports Editor, Sauk Valley Newspapers

Sauk Valley Newspapers, a 26,000 circulation seven-day operation in northern Illinois and member of the Shaw Newspapers group, seeks an innovative sports design and copy editor to join our sports team. Experience is preferred, but a strong portfolio, lots of enthusiasm and the drive to excel will warrant our consideration.
    This is an excellent opportunity for a forward-thinking, creative individual ready to share our vision of great sports journalism. We’re looking for someone with a good eye for design, strong editing skills and the willingness to write an occasional story.

Experience with pagination, QuarkXPress and Photoshop are required, along with night and weekend work.

Send cover letter, resume and your best clips (PDFs preferred) to Paul Skrbina, Sauk Valley Newspapers, P. O. Box 498, Sterling, IL 61081 or email to pskrbina@svnmail.com.

Sauk Valley Newspapers offers a competitive salary, good benefits package including health, dental & life insurance and 401(k), and growth opportunities within Shaw Newspapers, a family-owned newspaper company. We are an equal opportunity employer; background check and drug screen required.

Draft saved Draft deleted