1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Day 25th anniversary in Dallas

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by gumbojumbo, Jul 2, 2006.

1. gumbojumbo

gumbojumbo Guest

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070206dnsposherrington.142aa56.html

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sports Day: 1981-2006.

RIP.

3. Haven't seen any comments from Dave Smith surface yet, but he's got to be disappointed with this latest turn of events.

4. gumbojumbo

gumbojumbo Guest

Considering what the DMN sports section has been like for so long, pretty incredible for so long, I thought this might inspire more reaction, or at least reminiscing when it was so good.

5. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I thought that was a nice, retrospective column.

6. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Sherrington's always been my favorite DMN columnist, at least of the three current big dogs.

7. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Do they really need to do a five-week retrospecitve? Isn't the one column plenty?

8. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I'm sure five different columnists will write a column (Sherrington, Blackistone, Cowlishaw, Fraley, Gosselin)

9. In five weeks, the buyouts and layoffs will be complete.

10. oldhack

oldhack Member

There's a piece on alumni among the package last Sunday. Take a look and see who's missing. Bayless. Regardless of what you think of Bayless, he was there and he is a major presence, much more so than some others who they list. What gives? Why is he a nonperson?

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Well, Skip left for the Times-Herald at the height of the newspaper war. And the Morning News didn't take him back when the Times-Herald folded, although they did hire Frank Luksa and a bunch of other people.

12. Bayless has been persona non grata at the DMN ever since the Dave Smith days. Nothing's changed on that end.

Draft saved Draft deleted