1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor, Trenton, NJ

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Apr 30, 2007.

1. adamk415

adamk415 New Member

Reading all the posts about the Trentonian, I feel bad for Aaron. I worked with him when he first started in the business. He always was a good egg, but a little too full of himself. He has zero layout/pagination experience, and at least when I worked with him, he had zero interest, even though I personally offered to help him. Not sure if he's learned since then, but I know when I worked with him, all he wanted to do was write.

I know he got pissed at his previous job when he got overlooked for some pro beats he thought he deserved, and I think he saw sports editor and thought, hey, I can run a sports section. Unfortunately, now he's in over his head.

My boss, who I know Aaron turned to for advice before signing on at the Toid, was "Well, at least for your next job you can say you have management experience." If that's not a "run away from the flaming building" warning, I don't know what is.

Having worked in Trenton for 9 years, that place is a lost cause.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'll do that when your talented self finds a job at a rag much better than a JRC bottom-feeder.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

PWNED!

4. boots

boots New Member

People are getting on here worried about what type of system they are using? What difference does it make. You're not going to change a damn thing. You'll either learn what they're using or you'll be employed elsewhere.
    People tend to worry about the silliest things and the system they are operating on is the silliest.

Draft saved Draft deleted