1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Copy Editor - The Detroit News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Ruben_Luna, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Ruben_Luna

Ruben_Luna New Member

The Detroit News is looking for an experienced sports copy editor to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative individual with strong editing skills and the desire to make the section a better read every day. Some design skills are welcomed, but not required. Send your resume and clips to: Assistant Managing Editor Kristi Bowden at kbowden@detnews.com, or 615 W. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit, MI 48226.

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Re: Sports Copy Editor

DyePack... here's your chance!

3. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Good luck in Tucson, Monica!

4. ScottyDan

ScottyDan Member

A chance for you to come home, MGoBlue!!

5. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Scotty,

Come home? Are you nuts? I'm having the time of my life in South Florida, and work isn't bad, either.

Moving from the Miami Herald to the Palm Beach Post next month .. and who knows? Maybe the Sun-Sentinel next year to complete the hat trick and then decide where I want to spend my career. Love the Herald, hate to leave her and will not hesitate to return. The future is full of challenges and opportunities.

Though, I would have loved to worked for the Detroit News. My grandfather, a longtime pressman for the News, would have been proud.

Back to the beach!

6. echlwriter

echlwriter New Member

Can anybody tell me about this paper? Is it a good place to work?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

In a word: No.

8. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

In all seriousness, is there one newspaper that you respect and would like to work for?

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The Wenalway Journal of the future.

The future, Mr. Gittes! The future! [/noahcross]

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

So it's facing seriously hard times that will only get worse, yet the legend alone is good enough?

Yet another example of why this industry will never improve.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

For many people, no.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You could also get bought out in six months.

People at the paper reportedly refer to it as "TWGDPIA." I'll let you do the math on that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted