1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SPORTS COLUMNIST, EUGENE OREGON

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by lisahanson, Jun 20, 2013.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Congrats to Mr. Meek. Seems like a place you can do something. George certainly did.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

George had a pretty good radio show too. Not sure if that's still an option for the new columnist, or if he's even interested if it is.

3. Ibot1947

Ibot1947 New Member

Curious if the paper lived up to the promise of "all applicants will receive a response?" Bold statement that is good in thought but one better follow through.

4. JV37

JV37 New Member

I think they did follow through. I applied in June and got my rejection letter in the mail yesterday.

5. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

Having been an unsuccessful applicant at that newspaper multiple times, I can assure you they back up the promise to contact all applicants. Absolutely first-class operation.

6. llcharlie

llcharlie Member

I didn't get a rejection letter, yet. I did five years go when I applied for a columnist job.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

The Meek will inherit the earth, along with the mountains and lakes in the area.

Draft saved Draft deleted