1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Anchor/MMJ - Miamisburg, OH

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Anchor/MMJ

Date Posted August 31, 2015
    Location Miamisburg, Ohio
    Job Status Full-time
    Salary Not Specified

Description:
    Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!

WRGT/WKEF in Dayton, OH has an exciting opportunity for an experienced full time Sports Anchor /MMJ. The ideal candidate must have considerable live shot and sports anchoring experience. We are looking for a strong writer, someone with sharp wit and the ability to work well with others. We're also looking for someone who is a self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis. We want someone who knows the traditional sportscast with scores and highlights doesn't attract local viewers!

The winning candidate will be able to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling. Exemplary communication skills and previous experience working in a team environment are a must. Engaging and active live storytelling is required.

You will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule. Must be able to shoot and edit sports stories. Position requires the ability to produce sports segments, including video editing and graphic requests.

If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online. In addition, include a link of your latest work or send a non-returnable DVD to: WRGT/WKEF, Attn: News Director, 2245 Corporate Place, Miamisburg, Ohio, 45327.

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I have some knowledge of the station, past/current sports anchors and the general area. I'm sure the location will throw people off. This company is the ABC and Fox affiliate for Dayton. Miamisburg is a smallish town to the south of Dayton.

Station's sportscast usually consists of high school, Reds/Bengals, Ohio State, Dayton Flyers, and Wright State coverage. There is also a single-A baseball team (Dragons), and some arena football league and minor league hockey teams pop up in town from time to time. I'd say biggest coverage areas are high school, Flyers and Ohio State. They sent both sports guys to Ohio State's semifinal and championship game last year for the game and week leading up, and have sent them out to cover Dayton's tournament runs the last two years.

They have two really good sports guys there now. I don't know if one's leaving or if they're adding another position.

Company's newscast is usually behind the CBS and NBC affiliates. CBS affiliate is far and away the ratings winner. I think this station has occasionally beaten the NBC station in recent years.

Draft saved Draft deleted