1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sporting News Today thread (what do you think?)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Jul 22, 2008.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey guys... this doesn't come out until Wednesday AM. I'm on the mailing list to get it... don't know who else is, but thought this might be a good thread to say it's great, it sucks, blah blah blah.

For those that read it, what do you think? I'll chime my two cents in when I see my copy.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think this will not end well.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm on the mailing list too, and I'll weigh in after I see it.

I'll be curious to see what time it "lands on my doorstep."

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

www.sportingnewstoday.com

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I signed up... And I'll put my two cents worth in on the board about what I think. Any chance at quality information for free is worth exploring.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I would love to post my thoughts ... but I can't read beyond the first page. FAIL.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm on the list as well.

I've liked a lot of the recent hires, so I am optimistic about it.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Me too. OK, Sporting News, this is not the way to launch a publication. We prefer to read our sports BEYOND the first page?

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

you have to sign up to read the next page. there's a next tab up top.

10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Semi-fail on my end.

Subscribed. Clicked the link. It didn't work. Ended up at the link above after "clicking here" when the page they sent in an email didn't open. Then, only had access to one page until I clicked download. Now I have four windows open and something downloaded to my desktop just to try and read the first issue.

Too much work and too much mess.

The best online/PDF anything was the link a little while back to a newspaper's new digital edition. It was awesome.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Yeah, I did. It still didn't work, but it's working now. Haven't plowed through all of it yet, but it looks pretty cool so far.

12. NX

NX Member

I had the same problem, too. Couldn't get past the first page. Then I clicked on the "Contents" link at the top to get to page two and after that, they all opened up fine. Didn't download anything.

Don't have time to get too deep into it, but I agree. It looks nice. How is this free, though?

Draft saved Draft deleted