1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sporting News: Pittsburgh is Best Sports City

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twoback, Oct 7, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I always pictured you with more hair.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Best sports city? Maybe. Great place to take a big dump? Definitely!

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Well, Pitt basketball, which plays in an NBA-quality arena in the city and sells out every game, sure helps make up for no NBA team. Chicago's college basketball stinks, as does New York's, and plenty of other major cities with all four teams.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I concur. Had a blast there over a weekend this summer. Sat 20 rows behind the plate for under $30 face value and had room to stretch out 'cause there's none of those pesky sellouts at PNC.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This shit makes me wanna lock this piece of shit thread up.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wait we already know that Valdosta is the best sports city, because ESPN told us so.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

fixed

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like TSN, but this issue is usually one of the dumbest of the year.

There are about 12-14 cities that they rotate. Boston has won it. NYC has won it. Denver has won it. St. Louis has won it. I'm sure the issue gets people talking and that's the goal...

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've never been able to figure out how The Sporting News decides when to lump different cities together. OKC-Norman and Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill are ranked as one city, which is fine, but why not KC-Lawrence or Washington-College Park. And why in the world would Bristol, Tenn., be ranked separately from Bristol, Va.

Maybe it has to do with metro areas that cross state lines?

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

If I am not around after today it is probably because I have slashed my fucking wrists.

These people around here were unbearable before this, now their idiotic and moronic "Here we go Stillers, Let's Go Pens, Let's Go Bucs, Let's Go Pitt, We Are....Penn State...." way of life has been validated........ ::)

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

From your keyboard to God's ears.

Draft saved Draft deleted