1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Splash WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Mar 19, 2013.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Just a weird thing, but I refuse to call something like this a reality show. It's a game show.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah its fake fear, considering they've been training for weeks off the same height.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So I watch this program last night, and Kendra Wilkinson and Seth McGilliwhatthefuckever decide to do their tandem dive from the 7 meter (7 METERS!-Beerfest) platform. This dumb broad chickens out.

Ok. Riddle me this.

You know you're fucking afraid of heights. You know you're gonna have to jump into a pool of water from up to 30 feet. Why even sign up to be on the show?

If I was Seth, I would have picked her up and just threw her in.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Free publicity. Basically 13 straight weeks of making the talk show circuit, and you get paid.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Well now she just looks stupid.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was actually glad she quit so we get another week of Louie Anderson. You hate to lose someone who wants to be there and has a very positive attitude in favor of someone who clearly doesn't and just acts like a total bitch the whole time she's there.

I'm guessing based on the people who are on this show, that they cast a really wide net to come up with the celebrities that they got.

Since the ratings have been good, I'm guessing there will be a second season with slightly better celebrities.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Get Upton in there.

8. Mizzougrad96

I can think of worse ideas than adding a few supermodels to the cast.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I now present to you Chef's 2014 cast of Splash:

Kate Upton

[​IMG]

Jenny McCarthy

[​IMG]

Deirdre Imus

[​IMG]

Chelsea Handler

[​IMG]

Michael Phelps

[​IMG]

Charles Barkley

[​IMG]

Kenny Mayne

[​IMG]

John Daly

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Mizzougrad96

Handler is doing too well to do it. Same with Upton.

I think I've read that Barkley has turned down DWTS multiple times. If he won't do that, I'm guessing he won't do this either.

The most likely lineup would have a couple aging former athletes, a couple aging former child stars, one person who is linked to another ABC show, an aging supermodel, a fat person and someone else who is in the 14th minute of their 15 minutes of fame.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This wreck has been a must watch for me.

Louie Anderson eliminated last night, edging out Katherine Musberger.

12. Mizzougrad96

She never should have been in the bottom two. She did a gainer while some of the others are doing much, much easier dives.

At some point they need to judge them doing the same dives. With Louie gone, maybe that will now be possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted